Selection Box Science:
12 Festive Experiments To Try At Home!
A cracking selection of christmas experiments to keep your class or family entertained over the festive season!
Christmas time is the perfect time to be fun and festive in the classroom / at home with these experiments. From creating a Christmas light spectacular with only a tin of festive sweeties to making your own home-made pin-hole camera, Greg has devised a series of short videos which show kids how to have festive fun with science this holiday season.
Each experiment can be viewed in around a minute and requires only easily available household items.
Here’s a downloadable pdf with all the experiments & instructions: Selection_Box_Science
And here they are – Greg’s Selection Box Science experiments:
1. One in a Million – create your own completely unique snowflake with the ancient art of origami
2. Wrapper’s Delight – create a Christmas light spectacular with only a tin of festive sweeties and a torch
3. Capture Christmas – ditch the digital camera for your own home-made pin hole version
4. Nappy Christmas! – make it snow inside with nothing more than a baby’s nappy and some water!
5. Blizzard Ice-cream – it’s snow joke! You really can use snow to make delicious ice-cream
6. The Big Bang Candy Canes – make this traditional treat with just a few simple ingredients